We specialise in the supply of master key suite solutions for University Campuses.
When choosing a master key suite we would strongly recommend a high level of key control making the registered key system the best option. This will prevent unauthorised persons obtaining additional keys.
Systems fall into three key security levels
1. Open key section – Keys can be readily obtained through most key cutting outlets.
2. Restricted key section – Keys for which a manufacturer has set up restricted levels of sales and distribution. It is not illegal for other outlets to produce this type of key.
3. Registered Key Section – Keys that carry a design protection are normally either patented or trade marked. This prohibits unauthorised cutting of keys.
Systems for Universities and Halls of Residence normally comprise of several Sub Master areas under a Grand Master. Sub Master areas could be Administration offices, Facility department, Halls of Residence and faculty departments.
There are many advantages to installing a master key suite
Here are just a few:
Reduction in keys
- A bunch of keys can be reduced to one.
- No more need for large key cabinets.
- Reduce keys cost by eradicating the need to duplicate keys for every lock.
Control access to authorised persons
- Cleaners keys, allowing access to certain areas.
- Maintenance/electrical/riser cupboard keys.
- Padlocks on gated areas.
- When using our key registered systems, clients can only obtain additional keys through you eradicating the risk of your staff getting additional keys cut without permission.*
- On request and using our computerised key cutting equipment, we can normally dispatch additional keys within 24 hours.
- In addition to conventional door locks, systems can include padlocks, cabinet locks, electrical switches and some garage door locks.
- We also supply computer based card systems, coded systems and smart phone access systems.
* Many Premises Managers request a retaining fee from their residents to insure that all keys are returned when the property is vacated. This provides piece of mind for you and your new residents.
For further information please enter your details in our contact form or call 0800 311 8349.